Fall Scene

Fall Scene

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

23 Things Assignment # 3

I have now conquered adding RSS feeds to a reader and must admit this is a very cool time saver! I never knew what that symbol/RSS meant and now I do! I like having my favorite web pages handy for viewing. The three I decided to use for the Bloglines were:
CBC Top Stories -News
EW.com Today's Latest Headlines
People.com Latest News

I see how this feature could be used for work purposes if you needed to be constantly up to date on the latest issues in the world. But I would use this feature for leisure reading. There is a lot of information to browse through and although the articles are compressed for easy viewing, you still need time to scroll through and choose the ones of interest.

I would probably want these RSS feeds added to a web page(such as Google) or directly to my blog rather than having to open a specific viewer like Bloglines.

1 comment:

23 Things Staff said...

Great post. Google does in fact have their own RSS reader that you may want to try out.